Friday, October 23, 2009

"Sail Away"



Finished my "Sail Away" quilt. I'm heading to a baby shower tomorrow to give this to a dear friend from the UK that is stationed here with us right now. She's having a little boy and she's doing the baby's room in a nautical theme. This baby quilt measures 36"x51". The pattern is a modified version of "Toddle Time" by Carly of Quiltville. (I just omitted a row or 2 and didn't add the border) I didn't want it too big since I wanted it as a crib quilt. This pattern was SO FUN to make! I loved every bit of the piecing which  is usually a part of quilt making that I get rather tired of! It was so fun and easy. I've got several other of Carly's patterns and I can't wait to get started on another one! I'm actually making another one of these in a western themed print next for another baby shower in November. The fabric is "Sail Away" by Debbie Taylor-Kerman for Henry Glass Fabrics. I'm also giving away all the scraps and leftovers from this quilt here, so please enter the giveaway, if you're interested, that is!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, well done!!! Great theme, and really lovely pattern! I have a commissioned little boy quilt to make by mid-nov so I need to get a move on! I'll be checking out that pattern for sure... I usually tire of complicated piecing too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy, matie! You did an awesome job! I love the way it all came together and the colors are perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    happy, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!! And your quilting looks great too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've just stumbled across your blog and had to say that I love your nautical baby quilt. I also have a new addiction to quilting and have just finished my first baby quilt. Quilting is a whole new wonderful world of colour and fabric and quilt obession!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!