Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A little "DS Quilts" love...

 check another "to do" off the list. 
I have another friend prego and I made this quilt for her. Her baby shower is after I move so I won't be able to attend so I needed to get it done before I move.
My friend really likes the more "traditional" style quilts so this is what I came up with.
measures approximately 42"x42"
Anyway, it was suppose to be a quilt consisting of the Carpenter's Wheel blocks. BUT I wanted it to be completely scrappy consisting of the reds and blues in the DS Quilts fabrics. Well it just wasn't working out. So I constructed the center "Star Flower" then just winged it on the perimeter of it. After 4 of them, I got super sick of half square triangles, that I gave up. So for the center block, I did the star flower and then just used the fabrics to frame it. Then I realized it still needed more so I did the star flowers for each corner. I like how it turned out. Hope she does too! I'll give it to her later this month. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, so I think I'm safe!)

11 comments:

  1. I think it is a wonderful baby quilt to give to a friend that you will be leaving - STARS. A star quilt given upon a seperation is a momento - look to the stars to find each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby quilt! I love that you improvised so much on the design. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! It definitely looks traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the cutest baby quilts Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job, I love it! I may just have to copy you and make me one with those prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! your friend is going to love it, i am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful! Sometimes I think the prettiest quilts are the ones where there was a little improvisation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this. It has a traditional feel but it's still modern and "clean" looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky friend. That is a beautiful quilt. I love your stars.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!