Monday, January 17, 2011

Fabler quilt

First finish for 2011. This is for one of my husband's cousins who is having a baby boy. I got the invitation to the baby shower about a week ago so I had to get on it. I kept putting it off and then realized I needed to have it in the mail by tomorrow. I made this in one day. I used fabric from IKEA from the "Fabler" line. (Hence the name of the quilt.) The front is some fabric that has been fussy cut and framed with another print from the line. The binding is from "The Darcy Collection" by Anna Griffin. And...the Color Catcher worked! Thank goodness!!



Quilt measures 39"x43"

17 comments:

  1. That is really cute and sure to be LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! and Yay for the color catcher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love that fabric. I haven't seen it before at IKEA. I'm going to have to check next time I go. That is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't I find anything cute at IKEA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesomely cute is this...I would buy something like this as a shower gift in a heartbeat!

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so SUPER cute. *sigh* If only I lived close to an IKEA...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I love the color catchers! Great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, it's really cute! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute!! Now having seen it I understand your worry about the red. I will have to try those color catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow really cute - I have some of those IKEA prints too and love the way you framed them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is fabulous ... I might find myself at Ikea soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely! i particularly adore the binding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute! Love it! How do you decide on placement of the "framed" images? Do you used strips to set them into the background?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, I have some of this but wasn't sure what to do with it, I really love how you framed out the animals on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quilt! I love the red frames around the fussy cut animals. Super cute!

    I'm happy the color catcher worked...you're very brave!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!