Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ticker Tape x2

Here's a couple doll quilts going to a friend of mine for her kids. I saved my Verna scraps from my pinwheel quilt specifically to make one of these someday. I love it!
 Measures: 16x20.5
Front: all Verna by Kate Spain scraps
Binding fabric: Celebration by Brenda Riddle for Lecien
Backing fabric: Darlene Zimmerman's Clothesline Club 2007 "Fresh Picked"
Measures: 16x21
Front: all scraps from my stash
Binding fabric: some no-name red stripe I had in my stash
Backing fabric: "Apron Strings" by Chloe's Closet

9 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!!! :o)
    I love them! :o)
    I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! I'm going to have to try the ticker tape method very soon...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little quilts are so pretty! I love ticker tape quilts, especially for small quilts. They just have so much personality, you know?

    Hey, are you going to to the Bottled Rainbows quilt-along? I am! It's a ticker tape but sorted by color...it's perfect for me since I mostly like things to be all the same color.

    http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2011/02/bottled-rainbows-ticker-tape-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute - I love ticker tape quilts but what is ticker tape (we don't have it in the UK?). I need to find someone to make a doll quilt for. I made a pink one for my neice who sobbed because it was for her doll and not her and she couldn't wear it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are adorable and look soooo very cuddly! I apologize...but, i dunno what a "ticker-tape" quilt is. =(

    thanks for sharing the pix - love them!

    hugz,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love your ticker tape quilts. I teach quilting at a local elementary school and make tons of ticker tape quilts for a local charity. and the striped edging is super.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!