Friday, June 12, 2009

My firsts quilts

I was clearing out my camera and loading pictures to the computer and figured why not post the pics of completed quilts on my blog! These are my first quilts. They aren't the best but I'm gradually getting better, like they say...practice, practice, practice!

Very 1st quilt, made with Moda's Sultry charm packs
I outlined quilted the whole thing (in the ditch and then 1/4" on both sides of each seam) Then after doing that, I wanted to try free motion meandering. So I did every other square.


2nd quilt made with Moda's "Sleepytime" charm packs

This quilt was a baby shower gift for my dear friend Tracy.


Doll quilts
This one is really bad. It's just made with some scraps because it was the 1st time trying something other than just sewing charm packs together. Gave a disappearing 9-patch a try. My cutting was so off on some pieces! Boy did I learn a lot making this one!


Now this one, I completely winged it, hence 'doll quilt' size! I was trying to replicate this quilt. Then, gracious Carly of Quiltville, did a tutorial for me! Come to find out, I didn't do it the same way. Her way looks much easier! So now I can't wait to try it in a regular sized quilt!

That's all I've done so far. I have another that is just about done. I just have to start & finish the binding. It's a baby gift for another prego friend. I've got a ton more fabric and many ideas and a whole bunch of quilts to make! Now if I could only find the time......

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...so comment away!