Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A use for scraps!

So I'm working on a 9-patch quilt and I'm using layer cakes. Well I have to trim 1" off two sides of the layer cake. I was going to toss those 1" strips not even thinking about it! Then I started seeing all these "string quilts". (see I told you I'm new to quilting!) Anyway after seeing this I figured, "hey, I can use all those leftover pieces for that!" Thanks Rachel, you created a monster now! I can't stop! (I should probably mention Chen too since she sent a few tutorials my way, as well, and convinced me to make some string squares!) Now I've run out of strips and have to cut my next layer cake (which I need to do anyway) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these squares, but I'll think of something!

They are tiny strips because each piece was only 1" wide. Each square is 6 1/2" x 6 1/2". This may end up being a doll quilt b/c I think I'm only going to be able to get 6 more squares...I don't know, we'll see!

2 comments:

I love hearing from you...so comment away!