Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stacked Strips

I don't really know what to call this one, so "Stacked Strips" it is.
A fellow Navy wife asked me if I'd make her a quilt to give to one of her friends that is having a baby boy. So this is what I came up with.
The puckers didn't show up too bad. But I will say that using the Minky as the backing didn't result in as much "crinkly-ness" (I know that isn't a word, but you know what I mean, right?) The cotton fabric and cotton batting, of course, shrank after being washed and dried, but the Minky doesn't have any shrinkage, really. But it still turned out nice and it's so soft!
Quilt stats: 
Top:  made with various fabrics I had in my stash
Back: Minky fabric
Measures: 38"x41.5"

7 comments:

  1. It looks great!

    Whenever I've done straight line quilting there is less crinkliness than when I meander, and since I love the crinkles I pretty much stick with meandering.

    I love the colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,Love the colors!!! It looks awesome. What a very lucky lil'guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is awesome! I love the design and fabrics and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in this and the design really shows off the fabrics too. A wash usually hides anything we didn't think was perfect in a quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, minky on the back? That baby is going to love! My daughter could roll around in minky all day long and be perfectly happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby boy who's going to use this quilt will absolutely love it. I love your choice of fabrics and I really love the way you made this baby quilt. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours, and the style too...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!