Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Maverick Stars" DONE!

 It's done and ready to be donated! I'm so happy with this quilt. I think it turned out real nice. This is being donated to the VVOSA on behalf of VAW 113 Officer's Spouse Club for a raffle that is being held this Friday at our Hawkeye/Greyhound Ball. I hope whoever wins this loves it as much as I do! I guess I'll have to make another one just for us. My hubby wants one to take on the ship for his rack. Better get busy! He's due to deploy in a few months!
measures 60"x72"


7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love how some stars are all one fabric and some are lots of fabrics.

    I also love how you're giving it away for a raffle...that must be hard but feel good at the same time. I hope lots of people want it...I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Maybe it will be my inspiration to do some scrappy stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous! Its perfect for a military group, but it doesn't scream yankee doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful, beautiful quilt. Someone is going to feel extra special receiving this beauty!! AND the back is perfect - I love how you just added the one star - I love the placement :) Nice work - you should be proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like this quilt....I've got some little baby triangles that I've been wanting to use up....maybe something like this will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't know they were allowed to have quilts in their racks! i'm going to complain at my sister for not taking hers to afghanistan...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!