Sunday, August 8, 2010

Avalon Quilt in Chocolate Lollipop

 Here's the quilt for my sister's Birthday. I hope she likes it. I was hoping it would be a tad wider, but this will have to do. measures 62"x81". Made with Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipop.

 I ended up just using white thread to quilt it. It turned out fine.(the grid kinda looks wonky in the picture, but it's not in real life. I think maybe the way it was hanging on my fence or something made it look a little "off")
Well...one thing off my to-do list! Many more to go.....
 oh and on a side note...hubby didn't make it home yet. His plane broke before take off, so the other 3 planes arrived home but his didn't. They had to use a crane to lift the plane off the air craft carrier and then maintenance was going to work on it. I'm hoping he comes home tonight! For now, he's stuck in San Diego just waiting. It's no fun having all the other husbands and daddy's home but mine :(  (yeah...I'm having a pity party!) 

4 comments:

  1. I love your chocolate quilt1 And I know you can do it for a few more hours. Hopefully your husband has made it home by now. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, I so hope your husband is home by now. I thought of you a couple times this weekend, assuming you were enjoying your time together. Sorry to hear about his broken plane.

    The quilt is great! I just stocked up on Chocolate Lollipop because it is hard to get and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful! I LOVE how this pattern shows off the (in my opinion) busy prints without the whole quilt looking busy.

    I love these huge squares so much that I'm almost convinced I'll do something similar with my Neptune fabric. I also loved your Hello Betty quilt...I'm totally going to steal all your quilt ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!