Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mia's Quilt

 This is for my husband's step sister who is pregnant with baby #2. They like the name Mia, so I'm hoping that's what they decide to name her! But to be safe, I haven't done a label yet.
I'm still calling it Mia's quilt for my blog though.
It was really hard to get a decent picture of this quilt. the colors are very light and muted, this was the best I could get! (If you click on the picture, it should take you so you can click it to enlarge and then see the fabrics a bit better)

Quilt stats: 37"x48"
Fabric: Robyn Pandolf's "Beach House"

I bought a roll up of "Beach House" that consisted of 5.5" x 22" (and I forget how many strips were in it) a LONG time ago from a local fabric shop. I think I mainly bought it because of the "name" of the line. That and I knew that I'd use it someday to make someone a baby quilt. I just cut the whole thing up different sized blocks and then sewed them together randomly. For the binding, I used left over strips cut down to 2.5" and then pieced together. The backing is just made of a single piece of one of the fabrics in the line.


6 comments:

  1. oh i love this fabric combo and the faded look. such a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How soft and sweet - lovely light pinks and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! :) I really love the fabrics and the randomness of your strips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Mia's quilt is so precious! :o)
    Have a great day!!
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!