Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Snippets"

ok, so I decided NOT to send the Winnie the Poo quilt for the auction item. I kept looking at it and just wasn't happy with the unbleached muslin that I used. Lesson learned, big time! I'll NEVER use that stuff again. After washing and drying it almost looked like there were oil, food or dirt spots all over it. I know it was the natural fibers of the muslin, but I decided i just couldn't send that one. So my daughter wanted it!



I had my "Snippets" top done for a while now and decided I'd quilt that one and send it instead. I LOVE it! It's a disappearing 9-patch pattern. It's made w/ "Snippets" by American Jane for Moda fabrics. The back is one of the fabrics in the line and the binding is probably my favorite! Even though it's busy and doesn't show up that well on the front..I still love it! It's actually a fabric from Joann's that I had bought in the remnants bin. It's small butterflys that match perfectly! I'm very happy how this one turned out. So I'll mail it off today for the auction fundraiser dinner. measures: 36" x 42"
 
  
 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun, happy, cheerful and gorgeous quilt to send off!

    I love the binding too!
    This is just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt...love the way the D9P looks in Snippets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE.....really like the D9p, you really can't got wrong that pattern....also really like that fabric line, I didn't like it so much at first, but now I see what you did with it and WOW!

    Someone is going to be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love American Jane!...Wise decision to give the quilt to your daughter. If you weren't pleased w/you work, then send off to the auction.

    BTW-I always give my "reject" projects to my Little Person.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!