Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Look what I finished today!

 
Normally I don't like to post pictures of quilt tops, but this was such a huge accomplishment and it was so time consuming, and frankly, I need a break from this one for a bit.  I have no idea when I'll get to actually quilting it. So, I thought I'd share this now. This is my quilt top for the Modify Tradition Quilt along. It was so much fun to make and I learned so much making all these different blocks! Don't even ask me how I pieced this top. It was completely random and I pretty much did it like a puzzle and cut pieces of white that I needed to fill in gaps. The picture isn't the greatest, but you get the idea. (My hubby is gone for 3 weeks so I don't have a helper to hold it up and it's pretty big, so I just laid it on my floor.) I'm so glad this is done! I have no idea how I'm going to baste this. I may have to sweep out the garage really good and do it in there since I need a large area to tape the back down.

15 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love all the fabrics and colors you've used! You must be very proud!

    Basting--if you have floor space large enough for even half of the top, you can lay out the back and batting, pin the back to the batting and roll it up as you go. Then unroll what you need to baste the top to the back and batting and reroll what you've pinned or hand basted!

    HTH

    Hang in there military wife and mom! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic - I love the layout! Just discovered the "Modify Tradition" quilt along thru your photo and blog. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH what a gorgeous quilt top! I find that once I get a quilt basted, its easy sailing from there... and if you need a break from it, take one! nothing wrong with that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely in LOVE!!! You did a fabulous job!! This is worth more exclamation marks than I can stand!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I really like this quilt! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been quilting for fifteen years, but this honestly took my breath away. I'm totally awestruck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's great! I like the untraditional approach to the layout of the blocks. thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! you've totally inspired me to try a quilt like this. i LOVE the different color schemes for each block, yet it still works all together and looks awesome! beeee-u-ti-ful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is fantastic. And so outside the box. It's incredible and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE it!!!!


    Two thumbs up from another Navy Wife!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!