Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Not sewing related....

I finally have internet! YAY! 
So this is where I now call home.
This is an areal view of Point Mugu NAWC, CA. I love it here. We lived here 3 years ago and it's so nice to be back! I'll get some better pictures soon! 
So we've been here for 2 weeks and my 6 year old is having the time of her life. She has made a new friend which is actually the daughter of our old Skipper when we were here before. But since she was 3 when we left, she doesn't remember her. Now, her dad is the Skipper of the base and they've become quite close. The nice thing about living on a Naval Base is that kids can actually play outside in the neighborhoods. Like I used to do when I was a child. There is a park on every single block on this base and they are all new. So everyday, my daughter and her 8yr old friend hop on their bikes and hit the 3 closest parks to our house. They are gone most of the day playing outside, riding bikes, hide & seek on our street, etc. It's the most wonderful feeling that my kids can do this here. NEVER would they be able to if we lived in town somewhere. I love that there are military police patrols 24/7 here and you can't even get on this base until you have an ID and have been cleared. Yes, I know there are still freaks in the world, but here, I feel safe. I know just about everyone on my street and on all the surrounding streets and about every other house is a family that is in my husband's squadron. Everyday my daughter comes home and says she's met new friends. She hasn't experienced this before, so she is thrilled and I am very happy. Navy life is good. Even though hubby leaves tomorrow until Aug 7th or so! :(  On the upside, my sister arrives from Calagary on Saturday and we are headed to Disneyland for a whole week! Ready for some Mouse fun!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the feeling of freedom we can give our kiddoes by letting them ride their bikes and go play outside! So happy for you that the move is a dream so far!

    Have fun at Disneyland and we'll be praying for hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back! My brother & his wife an daughter are just leaving Fort Irwin, CA ... same thing ... their 10 year old could go ANYWHERE she wanted!

    Have a blast at mickeyworld!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I do miss the military days.. I'm bummed that my new home won't have a base close by. I'm going to have to give up the cheap groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are enjoying your new home :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!