Friday, December 3, 2010

O Christmas Tree

This year we did something we have never done. We bought a Christmas tree from Home Depot. Usually we either go to a tree farm or a National Forrest to cut our own tree down. Since we are now  living in Southern California I just didn't feel like doing the long drive to the mountains or foothills somewhere to hunt for a tree. So I went and just picked one from good ol' Home Depot. AND I LOVE it. I think it's the prettiest tree we've ever had. 
 While decorating and going through all my ornaments, I came across a box that my mom sent me last year at Christmas filled with ornaments from when I was a child. For several years, as a child, my Grandmother would buy an ornament for me. This box contained those. I didn't even go through the box last year since I got it at Christmas time and my tree was already decorated. So it was real neat to see them. These are so old. Some almost 40 years old. I love the "vintage-ness" of them! Some I remember, some I don't. But these in particular, I love!
 
My mom made this little walnut mouse. Isn't it cute!

My mom made this one the year I was born 1971. It's a "Holly Hobbie" that is suppose to be hold a candy cane I just haven't gotten any yet!
Another one my mom made
How cute is this Raggedy Ann?! My eldest daughter loves this one too!
I absolutely LOVE this one. On the back of this it has the artists initials and the year '77

4 comments:

  1. I have some of those wooden ornaments that you showed last! They are some of my very favorites...

    Beautiful tree!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, really beautiful tree. Love the vintage ornaments. I know "designer" trees can be beautiful, but trees with these sentimental ornaments are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! Love them all, but especially the ones your mom made! Thanks for sharing such special momentos with us!

    The tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tree and amazing ornaments! It's so nice to own things with special memories!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!