Saturday, April 27, 2013

Butterfly Quilt


I started this quilt in 2009 or 2010. It's not that it was hard or anything, I just got unmotivated to work on it. It was one of my very first fabric purchases I ever made. I bought a bunch of charm packs of Butterfly Fling by Me and My Sisters Designs. I think I bought it because at the time my oldest daughter loved butterflies. She was around 5... She's 9 now....her tastes have changed. But luckily I have a 4 1/2 year old that saw this and went crazy saying how she wanted it. So, I finished it up and now the little one has a new quilt. She's been carting it up and down the stairs everyday. She goes to bed with it on her bed at night and then brings it down with her in the morning. It's big too! 
It measures 62"x72"




6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to 'wake up' an old project for a fresh face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love that such a fun, happy quilt is finished and now treasured and cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great finish and it is so cute. Really like the pattern as well. I love that it was claimed by your younger daughter who now has a treasure,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great! I love how you mixed the 4-square blocks with squares within squares blocks.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!