Friday, November 6, 2009

Modify Tradition's Quilt Along

So I'm doing my very first quilt along! Modify Tradition is hosting. First tutorial is found here. I like modern quilts and want to learn how to do different things, so I figure this is just the thing for me! They are starting simple and will progress from there. Should be lots of fun! Here's my first block.



I'm going to make the sampler quilt out of the 1/8 yard cuts of Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks line that I got a while back. I had no idea what to do with it and this will be perfect!



4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're quilting along with us! I love your block so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal. I just don't know about it. I was trying to do something a little different and throw some contrast in there, but I don' know if I like it. I'll probably leave it because once more blocks are done it'll probably be ok. I just have this nagging feeling that I could have done better on choosing the fabrics for this one! o-well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time picking fabric for these blocks too...to tell the truth, I only have 4 blocks made so far because I have fabric picking paralysis. But I know that each block will end up working well in the whole so I'm going to have to get over it.

    In short, I love this block and I think it's perfect...but I know how you feel. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!