Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What I'm working on...

I decided to hand quilt this. I made a small quilt (baby sized) with the two 12" blocks surrounded by A LOT of white. I wasn't sure what to do with it as far as the quilting goes, but then decided to hand quilt it. I'm pretty excited and I'm loving it so far. It was originally going to be a gift for someone having a baby girl, but I love this so much and with all the hand quilting and time,  I'm not sure I want to give it away for fear it won't be appreciated! So this may end up hanging on a wall in my house.

I finished my hst quilt top, but have not quilted it yet. That will be on hold for a couple weeks. I'm heading to my mom's in IL next week and I haven't been there in two years, so I'm rather excited! My sister is also going for part of the time. It should be lots of fun! 
 
I won't be blogging on my end the rest of this week and all of next week. But I'll be reading all of yours while I'm gone. I plan on bringing this quilt with and hopefully finishing it, but we'll see! 

12 comments:

  1. Jen, I love it! It looks so great! Have fun at your mom's... sisters always make for a visiting bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are quilting this. I think it's my favorite block from Modify Tradition. I just love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooohhhhhhh...wonderful picture of fabulous quilting!

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hand quilting gives a lovely finish. Have a great time away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand quilting!! Your stitches are beautiful and I love that the star is highlighted. I love everything about this! I can't wait to see the rest. :)

    Have a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the double line of stitches you've done. THis is indeed a gorgeous block - I'd keep it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Your stitches look fabulous. :o) I just love your star blocks! Do you mark your fabric?
    Have a real fun time in IL. :o) How wonderful to be spending time with your mom!!
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a fun vacation!

    this quilt block is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful quilt! I love the bright fun colors and the white. What a great block idea. You are so fabulously talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jen,
    This is so beautiful...you do lovely work! I can understand why you might be hesitant to give this away!

    Thank you so much for the nice e-mail you sent...and for the wonderful give-away you had! I feel so blessed to be the recipient...and I am looking forward to my little package in the mail!

    Have a blessed day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps. Did you know your picture of this square is all over pintrest?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. opps, I meant to add the link, this is to the one I re-posted: http://pinterest.com/pin/16160394/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!