Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My awesome $1 find

I haven't been doing much sewing lately...unfortunately! We got a lot of snow here last week and school was closed for 2 days then the last night of my daughter's "snow day" she came down with the stomach bug.... then me, then my other daughter, then my husband. So everyone was sick and home, so therefore, no sewing time! Once we were all better, we made it out to Reno (our closest major town 1 hour away) for a dinner out and a few errands. I had bought my 17 month old some snow boots online at Old Navy and they didn't fit, so I had to return them. I ran in real quick just to do the return while the family waited in the car. On the counter was a bin with a $1 sign on it. I dug through it a little and found a couple cute stockings for my girls.

See, I used to work at Pottery Barn prior to kids. I had bought some fancy, gorgeous velvet stockings from there but only bought 3. Now they don't carry them anymore, so I'm always a stocking short. I figured these Old Navy ones were so cute and cheery.

After I got home I decided to cut some felt letters for their name and hand applique them on the stockings.


I LOVE THEM! They are so cute and of course I'm KICKING myself for not buying more!

I think I even like these better than my super nice, fancy Pottery Barn stockings!


I'm going into Reno again in a few days but I'm sure they are gone or not on sale for $1 anymore. I'll stop in to check...keeping my fingers crossed! Can't beat $1!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very adorable stockings...I'm sure your girls love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,Jen,
    I decided to stop by and check out your blog. Way cool!
    Love,
    Kyleen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!