Sunday, October 31, 2010

I've been bitten....

.....by the "Mug Rug Bug"! Have you?
 
What is a mug rug you ask? Answer: A mug rug is an oversized coaster for your mug or glass or cup and has room for a cookie on the side!
These are so fun to make because they are so small! I have more of them to show, but you have to wait..they are going to a couple friends that might visit here every so often! 
This one was my first practice one and I screwed up on my binding, so I'm keeping this one. Obviously, it's made with some of my vintage sheets scraps.

3 comments:

  1. oooohhhh! never even thought of vintage for a mug rug! love it!

    my PIF is a mug rug and I'm planning on making more of these fun little gifts...only, this time, inspired by yours, in vintage too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a mug rug to try out some new quilting...I brought it to work and I love looking at it. I wish it was made with vintage sheets, though...yours looks so fresh with that orange binding! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading your blog and it's a good one. Keeps me reading and moving to your other subjects.

    Just admiring the vintage mug rug and can't see anything wrong with the binding! I'm a newbie to the quilting world though.

    Thanks for your blog. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...so comment away!